Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Vacation!

Sort of. Going to be looong days of class info and long driving on two of the three days, but nonetheless I will be in sunny (hopefully) San Diego this weekend. At the end of it I will be only one class away from a full graduate of the PAX program for Understanding Men and Women. Pretty freaking cool. I'm looking forward to the positive energy, the learning, the other cool like-minded ladies, planning my life...

Ah, San Diego. A town I once would have loved to live in that now turns my stomach to churning goo. So emotionally loaded with failure last summer; love and work.

Time to take the bull by the cajones and go back to the Gaslamp District for no reasons but food and education.

No Comic-con for me this summer, first time since what, 2001? Something like that. (Charles??) But I said I wasn't going back until I had something professional to sell, preferably Pistoleras...All good things come to an end. In this case, it's my extended adolescence. Time to graduate. Next!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your food and get an education. There is no such thing as failure this is all in your mind. Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a break is good, food is good...I remember the Boll Weevil's as being pretty good-if any are left,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boll_Weevil_(restaurant)
& there's a batch of really good Original Pancake Houses-one original-original & the other a spin-off of their Chicago franchisee(whew)
http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/phloc_sandiego.html
http://www.richardwalkers.com/san_diego/

I think we agree The Con has basically become a human 405 @ rush hour-yet with comicgeeks

Kidsis said...

Ahhhh Jake. If only I could replace my mind's OS with your mind's OS.

Charles? Dat you? Or Michael? Which geekbrother is this with the conch shell?