Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Update

Curae leves loquuntur ingentes stupent - Slight griefs talk, great ones are speechless. (minor losses can be talked away, profound ones strike us dumb)

Hi all, thanks for the well-wishing. I'm okay. Things around here have been very tough for me and Nurse Sis...we're just taking the holiday season pretty hard. People have been very kind, but oddly, sometimes that kindness just makes things hurt more. Anyway, I'm alive...drinking too much champagne, watching too many horror movies, Miami Ink episodes, and writing at least 5 script pages a day (45 usable pages since Christmas). Carry on, and when I have something interesting to say that, well, wouldn't rip my heart out to type...I will.



There have been two big fishies I haven't told you about; one on Thanksgiving and one on Christmas. Other than that it's been pretty lonely and quiet. But I'm pondering some kind of tattoo that says I Listen to Fishies...maybe in French, maybe in Paris next month...just a thought

7 comments:

Kidsis said...

Or should it be (You) Listen to Fishies (Ecoutez Les Poisson)???
Too bad Koi fish have become a cliche tattoo...

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie girl...

Paris next month? Lucky bloody you, babe.

Missed you at New Year's, but fret not -- next eyar will be the Extended Edition LOTR marathon! 14 hours of butt-numbing movie glory.

Love to you and Brenda --
MIM, et al.

Heidi said...

I like "I listen" better. Proclaim who you are! I keep trying that trick with the "I am a writer" thing but no luck yet. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lizzie-
Tatoos are cool. You could always get it in March in Vegas..... :) miss you love you

Shauna

Kidsis said...

Lynne, isn't MI addictive? Glad to know someone else is watching. I am so so sorry to hear about your hip. What a bum holiday. My thoughts are with you. Hang in there.

MIM, I really really wanted to come to your shindig marathon. I was even talking about coming right up until about 4 pm, when the skies were dumping rain, and I was in the middle of a three-day-run of not showering or dressing, and Brenda asked if she should open another bottle of champagne...My thoughts were with your family, but I was in the middle of a black dog depression. Mea culpe.

Off topic: How great was Dick Clark? I was so proud of him.

Paris maybe. Got a friend there who could put me up for free. Not sure if it's going to work out with the schedule, especially if we get the movie off the ground and are shooting it in March.

Heidi, gotcha. You're right. And you're write.

Shauna, I love you too. Please see holiday apology above. I suck. Good news: up for a bridal party tattoo if you and C are.

Heidi sent me info about Inked looking for tattoo victims with moving stories...so maybe I will be getting the tattoo in Vegas in March...

Anonymous said...

Force-sis -- No apologies necessary, darlin'. CC and I are going to continue to be totally understanding when it comes to you for the next 4-5, oh, DECADES.

You are always welcome, but never obligated. Besides, when Oscar noms roll out, I'm going to need someone to possibly go to mvoies with, so save some spoons now, if you like. CC and I often have to do the "she goes at 6/ I go at 8:30/ we talk about it at 11:00" staggered-movie-date-thing on account of the kids.

Props to Dick Clark. If Kirk Douglas can accept an honorary Oscar a few months afetr a stroke, ol' Dick's earned the right to throw back some champagne in Times Square. Besides, half of America had worse-slurred speech the next morning, and they were NOT coming off a stroke.

Ah, Paris... never been, but all the same: ah...

Happy New Year, my sister in the Force...

:) MIM

Cunningham said...

Are you writing what i think you're writing?