Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stingy Blogger

Hey guys. Sorry the personal posts have been so sparse. I started an accelerated course designed to get me a Hollywood goal that would normally take six months to a year to accomplish...in one month.

By October 6th, I will be hired as a TV writer's assistant on a Top 100 non-reality show.

So in addition to the crazy amounts of work I haven't been getting done in screenwriting, my life, Mom's life especially, I now have about five hourse of homework a day to reach this new goal...and twenty classmates calling/emailing me to make sure I do what I say I'm going to do all month long.

It sounds crazy, but I'm actually getting more done in my life now that I've taken on an insurmountable workload. They're asking me to do crazy shit I wasn't brave enough to do before, like write talented strangers asking them to be my mentor (just a few ten minute phone calls...I'm not asking to be adopted).

Also have to get the rest of my unbalanced life in order, from cleaning out my closets for Katrina to calling people I lost touch with, to getting the corporate taxes done I missed the extension on (ohhh...public confession of a dirty secret...that should earn me double points!).

Stuff really is working, though. Friends have started calling me out of the blue. An old friend of mine from junior high even set up a workout schedule with me to walk off the pounds. We start in ten minutes, which you know is an ungodly time for this nightowl. But I figured I might as well go with the remodeling schedule next door (they started at 7 am today!) and let it shape my new life.

There you have it. Me, only better. The Six Million Dollar Lis.

I'm also going to try to put together a public reading of one of my feature scripts in a month. I'll keep you posted/invited.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST!!!

Woops, sorry, wrong site. ;-)

On my way to work. Will write up later.

MIM

Erik M. said...

Keep up that hard work and it will pay off. I was wondering why the sparse posts as of late and it's so good to hear that things are starting to pick and move ina good direction.

Brandon said...

Hey there-

What's this accelerated course you're taking?

Anonymous said...

Are you Canadian?

Can you work in Toronto?

I'd hire you...

Anonymous said...

hey, if you gals are open to extending your walking group at all, i've been wanting to walk staircases 1 morning a week. i went alone one day in hollywood, but even at 7 a.m. there are creepy staring dudes around. safety in numbers.

if you're interested, let me know and i'll see if i can recruit a 4th to balance it out! i am the proud owner of 2 books and 1 article on hollywood and greater L.A. staircases.

Anonymous said...

Yay! This is EXACTLY what you needed. No more wondering if you're ripe enough or debating about what you should do first or fretting about lost contacts over time. Really -- self-reflection is overrated. Work is the answer, and you know that for sure.

XOXO
NN