Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday thoughts

When the heart grieves over what it has lost, the spirit rejoices over what it has left. - Sufi epigram

I've always read the above quote as left, the verb. Like you were active in choosing what was lost, which made me feel good about it, like it was meant to be. But I just realized it could be left, as in, what meager things you have leftover now that you've lost what mattered to you. Like, "I'm not dead yet!" Wow. Not so empowering. Even worse, since it's a translation and I'm diddling over one word, it might not mean either.


Oh, we love The Onion.

I'm now Netflix reviewer #11.

Must Read After My Death sounds fantastic.

For Arcadia High, I briefly mentioned EAT PRAY LOVE as a good source for you...here is a twenty minute video of the author Elizabeth Gilbert on thinking creatively, free on youtube.

No comments: