Monday, August 25, 2008

Interesting

I've discovered something disturbing about our society by doing a simple popular keyword search on the Internet Movie Database.

Cunnilingus 1,190 titles

Rape 5,784 titles

The next time somebody sneers a charming "Why do female screenwriters always put THAT in their screenplays?" I'll say "To balance the force, ahole."


By the by, Blow-Jobs are represented at 1,739 titles.

But I bet that very few of those 5,784 violent sexual images we're bombarded with are men raping men.

And this isn't counting all those night time procedural shows that subsist on torturing and assaulting women for their bread and butter. Anyone have a clue why that's soooo popular? Because it worries the hell out of me.

1 comment:

VW said...

My god - what depressing - yet NOT!! surprising - statistics.

And people think I make too much of things feminist - gee - I wonder why?