Monday, October 13, 2008

Firenze

Is it wrong that I keep walking around this magical city with a running commentary of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS in my brain:

Clarice: (She changes the subject after noticing his works of art.) Did you do all these drawings, Doctor?
Lecter: Ah! That is the Duomo, seen from the Belvedere. Do you know Florence?
Clarice: All that detail just from memory, sir?
Lecter: Memory, Agent Starling, is what I have instead of a view.


Im the weird tourist grinning and taking photos of the serial killer museum. Ah well, we cant all be normal.

Frank and I decided at some point to have a scavenger hunt contest and started taking pictures of all the beautiful men. Very fun game! Except hes used me too many times in the photos; a little to the left, okay stand right there! Then I come back and its my elbow and a gorgeous Firenze man. Haaahhha.

Oi, Im tired but happy. Bullet train today down to Rome. Am going to try to buy my ticket to Prague and hit a perfume shop and a place with purple tennis shoes before we leave. I dont ever want to eat anything again. I feel like a Thanksgiving turkey: stuffed.


Yes, I filled out an absentee ballot before I escaped. Thanks for asking! By the way, the Italians would like to know if it matters to you at all that theyd like to have Obama. No?

2 comments:

Hugo Fuchs said...

From what I've heard from many sources outside the country, it's not so much Obama as it is ANYONE NOT REPUBLICAN.

Either way, I'm not sure either will accomplish much. There's too much fighting about their party vs. our party rather than what's best for America and its people.

JUST ME said...

We Italians, we know how to pick our political people.

...Also, check out the Colosseum in Rome. Extra points if an annoying family asks you to take their picture.