Tuesday, November 06, 2007

No deal

Ohhhhhhhhh dammit.

I've been on this kick lately of not liking my glasses. My favorite pair broke and I can't replace them, and I'm just feeling...sexier without them.

No No NO!!!

Not okay. I need to wear them for feminist reasons, and I need to wear them to attract men who aren't scared of all of me, and I need to wear them because I'm allergic to contacts and I can't see without them...and...I...need...

Laser surgery!!!!

No no no Elisabeth, no no no!

Awwwwwwwww fuuuuuuuu...dge.

Seriously. I know someone who WENT BLIND from laser surgery, and if that happened to me I actually would kill myself. Honestly. There's hardly a more visual woman in the world. All my pleasure and meaning is derived from seeing.

I can't do this. I can't do this for vanity. I can't risk it no matter how much I want to be my best me.

Arrrgh.

1 comment:

Andrew Ironwood said...

As a fellow glasses wearer committed to avoiding lasik at all costs meself, it still took me a while to think of how to phrase my reaction to this post -- here 'tis:

Damn it -- you know that astigmatism and blurry vision can't be taken away with a wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my glasses taken away! I NEED my glasses!!!...

[...and hey, if Picard can choose to be bald in the future, we can choose to have glasses (grin)...]