Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Jerk

Don't know how I made it so long without seeing this movie. Verrrrry funny.

Here's a great part of Bernadette Peters and Steve Martin's characters falling in love. In case my neighbors were wondering why I was laughing like a hyena.

STEVE: Can I ask you a personal question?

BERNADETTE: What is it?

STEVE: Now be totally honest. You do have a boyfriend, don't you?

BERNADETTE: Kind of.

STEVE: I know this is our first date, but...do you think the next time you make love to your boyfriend......you could think of me?

BERNADETTE: I haven't made love to him yet.

STEVE: That's too bad. Do you think it's possible that......someday......you could make love with me and think of him?

BERNADETTE: Who knows? Maybe you and he can make love and you could think of me.

STEVE: I'd just be happy to be in there somewhere.


:)

2 comments:

Fun Joel said...

My God, YES! I love that movie, and that scene! HOW did it take you so long?

Josh said...

Oh, a classic to be sure. "The Jerk" may also set the world's record for most brilliant film with the single most horrible sequel ever made. Although there was the little-seen TV movie "Splash Too". Oy.

"That's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game. The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this."