Friday, May 09, 2008

And the Emmy Goes To...

I've studied every industry-valued hour-long television show this year (and last year, and the eight years before that...and please, no "I wish I had your job" comments; it is extemely difficult to do and in NO way resembles turning off your brain and being a couch potato).

Would you like to see the hour-long episode that will win "Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series" in September at the 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards? You can for free at ABC.com

"The Becoming"
Grey's Anatomy
First aired: 5/8/2008
Season 4 Episode 14
Editor: Susan Vaill (luv you girl!!)
Writer: Tony Phelan, Joan Rater

Trust me. I know television like I know the beat of my heart. (Hmmmnn...or could it be it's soooooo relatable to my life right now? Nah...Okay, c'mon. It's at least going to be nominated!!)

Freaking phenomenal work, Tony and Joan. Quotable, life-changing, observant, brave and bold. Felt like the series, but expanded the series and the characters. Just amazing and fantastic and incredible and other superlatives.

And no not-gentle readers, it's not The Wire or Battlestar Galactica, but get over it...Emmys aren't given to genre shows. See Buffy and The X-Files, subtract genius Darin Morgan.

2009? Go John Rogers!

Wait, what? Leverage is a brilliant, funny heist action show? Aw crap. Sorry, Rogers. Looks like House pulls into the lead again, by a deviated septum...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Susan Vaill in your writing group?

Dianna