Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ay, there be the contact strip

Writer/Director Rian Johnson (Brick) has an eccentric site that, among other fresh oddities, features a twice-BabelFished version of Hamlet's soliloquy.

I'm a big fan of Brick. Don't rent it at your own entertainment peril.

Currently watching the Korean film Tell Me Something, at the behest of Charles Y. Is it possible to make a good film built of cliched detective scenes? Not sure yet. Will let you know at the end. Love love love that they're objectifying men as the serial killer victims. I'm going to do that someday, but it can't be my first two films or I'll be burned at the stake.

Wonder how much money they spent on gallons of blood. We're approaching Kubrick territory here.

3 comments:

inkdestroyedmybrush said...

OK, so if you hate Tell Me Something, it wouldn't be the first film that I'm recommended that someone hated. Sorry if you can't get those two hours back!

Lynda said...

I haven't seen Brick, but I use to have a big crush on Lukas Haas, especially Lady in White.

So I may have to check it out. And find his MySpace page. LOL

Jeremy Jed Hammel said...

What would you think of me plugging Mom's Cancer in my next newsletter?

Also, you motivated to blog...blog like the wind ("Three Amigos" paraphrase.)