Monday, February 06, 2006

First Review of Mom's Cancer

And by Publisher's Weekly. It doesn't get better than this, folks.

http://www.momscancer.blogspot.com

We will get the prototype of the Hero stuffed animal back February 22. It's a brand new drawing with a brand new company. Fingers crossed, you're going to love it. We already tested it on our 12-year-old niece Jill, and can't wait to have one!

I'm totally behind on Mom's autobiography. Have missed the Feb. 1st deadline; need to recommit to you all for a new deadline. March 15th?

By the way, I'm going to the NY comic-con in a few weeks where the book is debuting. So you NY readers, we'll be in town!

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Can't wait to see the Hero dog!! Congratulations, Brian, on your great review!

and Sis...don't worry about self-imposed deadlines....they are adjustable.

Anonymous said...

Bravo and brava. Congratulations on a great review -- short, but obviously thoughtful in its remarks.

MIM

Kid Sis said...

Thanks!

Did you guys read John Rogers' response to the conservative uproar about the oscar noms' liberal agenda? Funny stuff. http://kfmonkey.blogspot.com/
Feb. 1st entry.

amanda said...

I still "REALLY can't wait to buy a little stuffed Hero," so I'm thrilled to get the update on the prototype.

Can I buy you a cup of coffee (or even something stronger) while you're here?

Meg said...

Wow, that is so cool! I'm thinking book tour in England? ;) Seriously, though, congratulations to Brian and the family - the first big review must feel amazing...oh, and I want a Hero dog, too! Can they ship overseas, or should I send it to my parents? :)

Kid Sis said...

Amanda, sounds great!

Meg, we'll send you one in England, no problem!

I'm so excited my niece was excited. We went and shopped stuffed animals so I could get a feel for what 12-year-old girls like - definitely CUTE and CUDDLY are the top two...

American Knight said...

Awesomeness. Bien hecho!

Fun Joel said...

Great review. And you're empathetic! Which is much better than being simply pathetic. :-)

Louie said...

Congrats on the review, hope it's the first of many.

Kid Sis said...

Thanks. Nervous about the reviews that will start coming in calling me a whiny pathetic bitch quivering like jello as my mommy died, but for now I'll gladly wear Empathetic!