Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Lynchian nightmare

I had this whole weird dream last night that I'd made a movie that wasn't THE COMMUNE but had the same stars in it, but it was about everything else that is going on in my life right at this moment down to a script of a friend's I'm reading about a water park only I'd read the Vanity Fair article about Johnny Depp yesterday so it was a Disney water park and my nieces wanted Johnny's costume...

The overwhelming emotion of the dream was mortification that some scenes I thought had been cut were shown onscreen, and they were soft-focus and dragged on too long with bad camerawork and acting from the leads, and then there were sexual scenes of me that made no sense that were way too graphic, and everyone thought it was an amateur movie all about my ego. And it was the only showing we were ever going to have and I couldn't figure out how it was the wrong print. Then I went right into this other horrible graphic slasher nightmare about a sister who'd died but didn't die and came back into the family's life as an unrecognizable man to have sex with them all and then kill them, but the whole time I was thinking "This would make a great screenplay!" and when I woke up I was all sweaty trying to remember the dream and realized it was utter nonsense and not a story at all.

There you have it! Fevered dreams of a frazzled filmmaker...

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Are you worrying too much about the success of The Commune? That's what I gather from the dream.