Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bunny Boiler

So I jettisoned someone this week whom I'd been dating for 2 1/2 months, who suddenly turned all colors of crazy and unkind.

It was a lot easier to do because over the course of our dating I:

1. Never showed him where I lived.
2. Kept dating other men instead of jumping into an instant relationship with him.

Just a little scoop from one who's been there. It takes 2-3 months for either sex's real personality to show up. It's best not to get attached before you really meet them.

And now I have one less degree to be frightened of him, because I don't have to be watching for him to show up at my place with flowers. Phew!

By the way, the perfect gift for anyone you love this season is Gavin De Becker's "The Gift of Fear". Required reading.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

dammit! i wish it'd figured that out before. hopefully not too much more freakshow showing up at my doorstep to look forward to. here's to Australia!

Kidsis said...

Cheers mate! Wish he'd take mine to throw on the barbie!