Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer



Thanks to all of my friends who came out Sunday to support the Free to Breathe Lung Cancer awareness race. It was amazing! My Sister Brenda did a great job of organizing. It's always hard to start a new fundraiser, and this one was extremely successful. Even made it onto the news! Next year will be even bigger!

It was a very emotional day. Seeing all the caretakers and survivors, hearing the stories, wondering why mom wasn't a survivor there in a green shirt...

And it was very nice to meet those of you who recognized me as Kid Sis. I feel like I know you, too.

The website is accepting donations until November 15th, so forego a Starbucks or two and support medical research for the tragically taboo, #1 cancer killer of men and women...1 in 12 will get it in their lifetimes. :(

http://www.active.com/donate/freetobreathela








Thanks to Team Commune for representing! It meant the world to me.

And a special shout-out to my brave friends who have been caretakers...I'm blessed to have you in my life, as are your loved ones. Valencia, Dave, Dave, Melinda, Melissa, Charlie, Amanda, Joe, Andrew, so many more...

No comments: