Monday, November 05, 2007

Hello, integrity

Seriously. How can you not help but fall head over heels in love with this man? He's soooo lucky I believe in the sanctimony of marriage, and need a happy couple to look up to, or I'd be a proper stalker, methinks.

James McAvoy - who has just been nominated for a BAFTA Scotland Award for Best Actor- is in touch with the British Red Cross to construct "his house" in northern Uganda as "a reward for the fame that The Last King of Scotland brought him."

A source at the Red Cross offices in Kampala told a local paper that McAvoy, who had an emotional trip with British Red Cross to northern Uganda early this year, feels he owes a lot to Uganda, a country he says made his career.

Oh, and here's from The Independent in 2005. The crazy thing is, he's so in integrity that this is soooo easy to read all over him, I already said this about him and his wife Anne:

What painting or work of art most corresponds with your vision of yourself?
My favourite painting is of a couple under a patchwork quilt and the woman is snuggling up to the man. It's painted from up high, where the mirror would be if you had one on your ceiling. There's something about the companionship of those two - they're just melting into each other.


So one of these days when I'm feeling vulnerable, I'm going to tell you all a little story about me and dating and my heart getting ripped out by someone who looks exactly like Mr. Tumnus in July...it's also in my movie The Commune, and the actors were very sensitive to me and how they portrayed it knowing it was verbatim and was my soul onscreen...but look, you guys would appreciate the whole enchilada story, misleading fishies from mom and all.

All I can really say now is, well, I learned that I can still love. Which is huge. I learned what great sex is. Which is huge. I learned what it's like to have a man never stop kissing you or holding your hand or staring in your eyes all night. Which makes me want to sob just thinking about him.

No comments: