Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lie With Me


My favorite kind of film. For me, it's why filmmaking exists. That complicated intimacy Bergman explored over and over, the human condition boiled down to one man, one woman, naked emotionally.

The kind of film I could watch or make over and over again.
Absolute perfection. And that this raw, courageous, explicit film was funded by the Canadian government makes it all the better. So moving and insightful. I'm touched.

Gotta get busy writing something for Eric Balfour. I had on him on my short list of actors I want to work with, but now I've got to create something.

2 comments:

Chiara said...

I have to agree with you. I bought the DVD just last saturday, and when I was done watching it, I just wanted to start at the beginning. Although I think some parts of the movie are not perfect, I do think it's a very good movie.

Chiara said...

I have to agree with you. I bought the DVD just last saturday, and when I was done watching it, I just wanted to start at the beginning. Although I think some parts of the movie are not perfect, I do think it's a very good movie.