Monday, June 12, 2006

I'm Super, Thanks For Asking



New thought on the tattoo. Really excited. I'm thinking: Fleischer Shield.

It's unique. It's Art Deco. It's got enough black to cover my old tattoo.

No NBA stars have it, and though it's not the most popular tattoo in the world (apparently the silver age version is?!?), it still says "Superman." Plus the colors aren't faggy or fade-prone.

It would definitely have clout with fanboys. Not like I need anymore. But crikey, I don't want to get what EVERYONE has.



Superman Lives script. Oh yes, there will be giant spiders.

"Siegel and Shuster created a piece of American mythology. It was my privilege to be the onscreen custodian of the character in the '70s and '80s. There will be many interpretations of Superman, but the original character created by two teenagers in the '30s will last forever." - Christopher Reeve.

8 comments:

Erik M. said...

I wasn watching some of the Fleischer 'toons this weekend. Great idea! O.G. Superman. The shield is recognizable no matter what "age" it comes from.

Heidi said...

I dig it! I think about you every time I see the new posters. My super friend!

Modigliani said...

WOW! I just finished watching a superman documentary on A&E tonight!

I say go for it with the tattoo!

Unknown said...

Absolutely...a Super tattoo for a superwoman...

Christina said...

I was hoping you would get the WW one.

Kidsis said...

Then again, maybe just an s shield in all black would last longer. I'm being such a weenie about this because I don't want to make another 40 year mistake...

Unknown said...

I got mine in all black because I didn't want to have to touch up red and yellow. I just wish I'd gotten it just a touch bigger.

The Fleischer S still sounds cool.

Fun Joel said...

Wow, 20 minutes long, but that Kevin Smith clip is friggin hilarious!