Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No Clever Title

I keep getting in trouble for what I post about Mom's health, or getting other family members in trouble (which of you lovely readers sent hatemail to my brother? I wonder...)

Anyhoo, Mom's on yet another rollercoaster. Because it wouldn't be a holiday without an ER visit. If you want to keep up with her, please check her site for updates.

I'm totally emotionally spent. Look at these lovely additions to our national catastrophe: Castro Had Plan, Bush Played Golf
And my favorite: Snowball. "On Thursday, when an officer confiscated a dog, a little boy cried out Snowball! Snowball!'' until he vomited. The police took from a boy and tossed by the side of the bus- the dog tried again and again to get on the bus -police pushed it away...These photos appear to show evacuations from the I-10 causeway near the Convention Center. The little boy who survived 5 days of the Hell Hole once known as the Superdome with the last connection he had with his former life, his little dog, only to have this dog torn from his arms as he was loaded on a bus to Houston. His distress – on film – was such that he vomited."

Are you effing kidding me? This is what our country is about? I get that people come first, everyone would want to bring their pets, blah blah blah. But the dog was tiny and right there, and...OI!

On the bright side, started S Factor with a new teacher who identified my problem with some of the tricks...I have no hand strength. Like, Nurse Sis actually bought me that fancy Black & Decker jar opener for X-mas. Apparently, that's why I slide down the pole and fear falling on my head when I attempt Snake.

So, problem solved...a month of daily hand strengthening exercises, then I try Snake again. And as a class bonus, I learned a new trick that I actually did perfect the first time - it's beautiful and all glidey and I felt like a pole Goddess. It was nice to get that exhileration of flying. Needed something positive to concentrate on.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. What you said.

Then Kanye West gets tagged for saying what many of us were thinking -- that the fiasco shows that Bush doesn't care about the African-American community!

And to add to that, "Transporter 2" was the highest grossing film at the box office this weekend. Are you f*ing kidding me? The first one had maybe the worst dialogue I've ever heard in a movie. Seriously. Right up there with some of the later Bond movies, only without the irony and campy weirdness.

Ugh!

NN

Kidsis said...

Hey, just found this awesomeness thanks to reader The Smorgasbord!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read the latest about your mom. I'm thinking of you and hoping for things to go as well as they can.

I was visiting my dad today. He's in stage 6 of his progression with Alzheimers disease. It was pretty rough. Today was one of the good days, in that he was not angry or upset. But I saw today just how muddled his brain is. He can't understand anything, but he always wants to know what's going on. I tried to tell him that we were trying to figure out what time he would be served lunch, but he just kept looking at this watch and telling me he already knew that it was 11:24.

I was thinking about what a good dad he had been to me, and how I had never really told him that. So I looked at him, and I said, "Dad, I just want you to know how much I appreciate what a good father you've been, and I love you very much." And he just looked me right in the eye with no confusion and said, "Thank you."

I'll call soon about the publicity stuff.

Dallas

Kidsis said...

How did I miss this funniness?

Kidsis said...

Dallas!!!!! That's incredible. I'm so glad you had that moment with your dad. Geez, I'm all teary now. I didn't know about your dad; I'm so happy you shared this with us, and sorry for what you are going through. Sounds like you're a great son, too.

Lynne, you'd have to ask Bri...he didn't tell me who, just to watch what I say.

Kidsis said...

FEMA's obstructionism

Anonymous said...

You know you've finally made it in the world when someone goes to all the trouble of sending you hatemail. I bet celebrities like Martha Stewart, Donald Trump, and that sinister Hello Kitty character, have all gotten tons of hatemail.

Congrats to your brother, and may his success (and hatemail) just keep on growing!

Salad

Modigliani said...

man, that story about the boy and his dog P*ssed me off! The cruelty!!! Oh.... !!!!
*steam coming from my ears*

cool news on the s-factor stuff. Pole goddess...Very cool! Wow!

Christina said...

You might want to make an Anon blog so you can vent your feelings freely without such a microscope. I think it is sad that you feel pressure not to say what you want. But I do understand that everyone has feelings.